Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Life Right Now




I have to admit: I'm a little bit ashamed about not tracking the last few years.  I didn't really see the value in keeping up the blog until I revisited what I had blogged over the last nine or ten years.  So, it's time to get back at it, write things down, share for nobody to read.  or somebody.  Who knows!

Life right now is GOOD.  Life is simple, and for the most part, very quiet even in a house bubbling over with boys and animals.  Corbett is a beautiful place to live and I am grateful to be planted in one place.  My life before all this is a blur.  Some days when I think back about our time living in Belgium, it feels like someone else's life and not mine.  I can't imagine I've done the things I have.  I feel very lucky.

The house is a warm and wonderful place and Roel and I are beginning to plan the extensive renovations the house needs.  This place has 100 years of life stored in its walls, and we plan on keeping it strong and standing for many, many more.  The land is still pretty wild, though we plan on leaving it that way.  Some of it we'll tame and manicure.

Milo is finishing up preschool, Simon is finishing the eighth grade and Jonas, his 10th.  Time goes by too quickly.  I can't believe that in just a couple of months, Roel and I will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary!  It's hard to imagine that boy and that girl who met in the oddest of places some 24 years ago would get married, have three boys, hop back and forth between their home countries and make this wonderful life.  Amazing.

No comments: