Thursday, July 21, 2011

book-reading/book-writing/growing things












Oh. And the music - but lately I've had to squeeze that in in the form of lullabyes and stuff. I have, however, been able to maintain my read-lust and gardening frenzy. Okay, so the in ground garden has gotten a little out of control. Actually, there's nothing I find lovelier than an out of control garden. In control, and AMAZING are my topsy's! Holy cow, but they are HUGE. I've got lots of tiny tomatoes growing bigger, and loads of squash and zukes on the things. They look positively prehistoric. My pitcher plant looks scary and gorgeous, and my creeping charlie is TOUCHING. THE. GROUND.



On the book front, I finished Maggie Stiefvater's series. I love this series, but I've got to admit being a bit put off by the ending. In better reads, I began Random Rigg's book, 'Miss Perrigrines Home for Peculiar Children' and so far it's incredible.



Also, after a baby-having hiatus from writing my book I became obsessed with the idea of a completely different story - so I guess book one is on hold until I work through idea #2. It's amazing how really emotional things (like giving birth and falling in love with your baby) can set off a whirlwind of mental creativity. I am a woman possessed...possessed and typing with one hand so I can hold/nurse Milo with my free arm. yeah!




It's so fantastic to be a mother, wife, sister and friend. It's also so wonderful to maintain who I am despite my other roles. That feels a lot like success.

1 comment:

Somebodyiusedtoknow said...

making my rounds to catch up with you! you are doing amazing things!! i especially love your pitcher plant. so prehistoric looking. and Milo is beautiful good job mama ♥