Tuesday, May 31, 2011

38 weeks and waddling

I've hit it - the official "I look like an Orca" phase of the pregnancy. I thought maybe it wouldn't happen this time, that it was possible I'd just end the pregnancy thin. Yeah, no such luck. And also my face is completely enormous. And also my pelvis feels like it's going to crack in half every time I move my body. This is lovely.

But. Okay, it's like the law of equivalent exchange in alchemy (which I only know about from watching Fullmetal Alchemist with the kids) - I can't complain without saying something positive. I'm not retaining water so my ankles at least are still slim. And this Thursday my midwife is painting my belly with watercolors to show where baby/placenta/bobbledygook is located. Should be cute and fun.

But did I mention my pelvis? And how it feels like its splitting in half?

No comments: