Wednesday, November 10, 2010

about #3...and #4

I haven't broken my news to very many people. I guess there's that part of you that knows anything might happen. And breaking bad news is always harder than breaking good news. Well, I've got both good news and...well, not entirely terrible news. But, yeah, sad news.

Good news first. I am pregnant. I am puking 24-7, hungry 24-7, exhausted 24-7 pregnant. 9 weeks pregnant to be exact.

Sad news? It was twins. I didn't know until today when I had my first sonogram. I guess it passed on about a week and a half ago, and I guess my body will reabsorb it...which sounds DISGUSTING!!! On the sonogram you could see the sack of waters and a small mass at the bottom of it. Very sad. But okay, too because I trust nature (even when I don't want to).

The happy news is, it's sister or brother is very happy and buoyant and has a great heartbeat and looks adorable - or as adorable as a little bulbous white mass on a black screen can look. It looked beautiful to me. I'm so unimaginably grateful for this little child, and I'm so thankful that he or she is surviving.

And I'm thankful for the tiny bit of time I had with #4. It's bittersweet, but more sweet than bitter.

5 comments:

yaffle said...

I shouted "WHAT!?" out loud when I read this. Amazing news, oh my, callie!

so happy for you, super hugs to you and your baby bump.

Somebodyiusedtoknow said...

Callie what a blessing!! I'm incredibly happy for you. Sending you love thru the ether ♥

miss u too! xo

Eddus said...

OH MY GOODNESS!

My dear, this is so wonderful indeed!

Congratulations!

<3 <3 <3

Ruthie said...

Wow, Cal. Wow. I love you!

UKISOCIETY said...

My celebrations and prayers are with and your family. I miss you!