Thursday, July 23, 2009

sleep (or lack thereof)

Let me start by saying that I am a big, BIG fan of sleeping.  I think it's because I've always had such a rich dream life.  It might sound crazy, but I'll admit I live a whole life while I sleep.  My sleep life inspires my awake life (or who knows, maybe my sleep life is really my awake life, but I'll leave those philosophies to a real philosophers).

To my detriment, and everybody who has to deal with me on a daily basis, I haven't had a decent night of sleep in, well, weeks...it could even be months.   I don't really know why.  There is a lot of stress right now since we have an upcoming move (into the center of antwerp).  I don't know if that's why I'm not sleeping, but not sleeping equals not dreaming equals me being less inspired equals me being cranky.

So, you can imagine how pleased I was to wake up this morning with a beautiful email from my dear friend and gang member, Mariam saying she had enjoyed a nice dream about us in a city together...and another note from my amazing friend Satya  saying she had a beautiful dream about me as well.  It was a bit reassuring that even if I wasn't sleeping and dreaming, they were doing it for me.


4 comments:

yaffle said...

outsourcing your dream-time is a great idea, dream pals rule the night-times.

hope you get a good snooze on soon.

our national space said...

that means the dreams they had floated all over the planet to get to you . . . how wonderful :-)

Somebodyiusedtoknow said...

I'm not one to search for too much meaning in dreams, but it really was cool to have you in one of mine! And I'm not the only one dreaming dreams with or of you! I think this means you are very loved ♥

now get some sleep :-)

Andrew said...

Rock a bye Callie, in the tree top,
something something something, I think a few things about owls in trees and hooting or something...

Sleep is very important to me, I always insist on 8 hours.