Monday, June 29, 2009

Coconut Oil

So, here goes, i'm going to blog.  It's going to suck, but I'm going to do it.  Plus, I wanted an extra reason to talk to you about coconut oil anyway.  

Here the deal, I'm a mess.  I don't know why my body is always fighting me.  It may be that I'm fighting my body.  Or maybe Louise Hay is right and I don't love myself enough.  I have all of these physical issues...my thyroid hates me, my skin is always itchy, my hair falls out...

...oooh, a good song just came on...

Sorry, anyway...I have all these stupid symptoms of whatever whatever (yes, i meant to write whatever twice).  I've been reading up about these various symptoms and it seems like for every single one this natural cure pops up...COCONUT OIL.  So here I am thinking I might as well give it a shot.  

So I find the stuff in a Bio Winkel and take it home and open the jar.  I immediately slather it all over my body and throw back a tablespoon full.  Apparently the dosage is a tablespoon with every meal and a good slathering to make you feel greasy and sexy, because we all know that feeling sexy makes your skin stop itching ;-P

Anyway, a few days in and whoah! (say it like Joey Lawrence).  I'm feeling good.  My skin isn't itching...'drop it like it's hot' just came on the radio, i'll be right back *dance pause*...

Also, i've got tons more energy, my throat isn't feeling chokey anymore (that's a thyroid thing), my tummy is feeling good and digesting accordingly, my skin is all glowey and soft and the patches of eczema have all but disappeared. Oh and also, there a coconut smell seeping from my pores.  I know this because yesterday Roel sniffed my hand (no, I don't know why) and said I smell like a coconut. 

I believe in the power of the oil.  I'm going to stick with it and see where else it takes me.  It's curing my eczema and making me feel juicy, and that can't be bad.

There!  I blogged!  It would have been better if included amazing yaffle-esque drawrings of me slathering the oil on my eczema patches, but you can't have it all.  For that you'll have to go to his blog.  BTW, my vote is still for the red short shorts.  Just FYI.


6 comments:

yaffle said...

Coconut oil, eh? Hmm, well at least if you know now that if ever become stranded on a desert island you will be set for life. You would become the queen of the coconuts.

However, speaking as a practising Coconut Doctor myself, I would prescribe the following course of action; You put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up.

Ruthie said...

(aside, in hushed tone) can i get the name of your source?

Eddus said...

I'm so glad you're dancing! It's the power of the coconut! I think I might join you and slather myself in coconut oil and see if it makes me feel better. If nothing else, I'll smell delicious!

You blogged wonderfully!

our national space said...

well - this is a substantive blog - i enjoy hearing about you feeling better. does coconut oil make the hair more luxurious? i bet it does :-)

Btw - one of should attach a chat room to our blog (it's out there - free and simple - to the google!!!)

Andrew said...

I don't care for coconut =[
But I'm glad it's making you feel better =D
I don't know what you're so worried about, you're a professional blogger. Quit pretending that there's a "right" way to blog and just taptaptap at that keyboard to your heart's content =]

Ruthie said...

You'd be happy to know that I purchased some Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil a week ago and I've added it to the "Grease" I'm slathering my Jackie in. Eczema has become less itchy, but is still reddish. I'm counting that as a victory. Thanks for the helpful suggestion!