Sunday, May 10, 2009

a day out


Yesterday I went to Brussels to spend the day with my friend Emmanuelle.  It's been such a depressing few months; it was really nice to get out of town and spend some time doing things I don't normally do here in Mortsel.

First and foremost let me talk about food.  We ate mexican food!  I've been missing my favorite food so much, so it was really awesome to get to eat it.  It wasn't the Mexican food you get in California, but it was actually pretty good!



After that we went to the movies.  I had never been to the movies in Belgium...which is just CRAZY!  We saw the mot chick-like chick flick we could find, which was lots and lots of fun.

Then we walked over to the Atomium.  Those are some really big shiny balls!



Anyway, it was a fantastic day and it helped me out of the pit a bit...what a relief!

4 comments:

yaffle said...

I would like to live in the Atomium, the central sphere preferably.

I'm going to go to the cinema this week too, think I'll opt for a nerd flick though. Glad to hear you are rising out from the pit.

our national space said...

It's nice to see you feeling better - your day looked fun :-)

Andrew said...

I had leftover cinco de mayo mexican food today! =D There's a really good mexican restaurant right near me, come visit I'll take you there ;-] And I would like to come see your large balls. Woo atoms!

So glad you're out of the funk and into the funky!

Somebodyiusedtoknow said...

hello0, i was hoping maybe you had a new post ♥

i like your bloggy little self