Sunday, November 9, 2008

top 10 reasons why i'm so eager to realize my dream of building a straw bale house in the middle of nowhere

1. people don't "drop in" on you when you live in the woods/middle of nowhere
2. you can't smell the neighbor's stinky soup, you can only smell your own stinky soup
3. you can play your ukulele and sing at the top of your lungs outside without getting strange looks from people...of course, your cat will still give you "the look" but what's new
4. bonfires!
5. it's quiet in the middle of nowhere, and the sounds that do make it in are soothing
6. you don't have to tell your kids to use their "quiet voices", you can tell them to scream louder!
7. reading in your nightgown on the front porch in a rocking chair *sigh*
8. lots and lots and lots and LOTS of space for growing fruits, veggies, berries, herbs and trees!
9. all of these people mashed together in these neighborhoods makes me a bit anxious...
10. cold chilly brisk walks in your fleece coat and pajama pants without running into a single other person...

...oh and SO many more reasons!  and yes, i'm aware that i could fulfill many of these here in my rowhouse, but...  plus, i find it wonderful envisioning these dreams i have...you never know what will become of your visions!

7 comments:

yaffle said...

I think city folk should relax around each other more, wearing pyjamas outside should not be frowned upon, in fact I think everyone should be able to wear their jammies in the street without fear of raised eyebrows from any passing snobs.

bwhahrhr said...

1. I am about to "drop in" into your comment section. I hope you dont mind.

2. I dont mind the soup smell of my neighbours too much, but when they cook sausages ... ewww

3. I am going to stop now.

But I would love to not just drop into your straw bale house but live right next to you in a dirty little cave.

You could come over from time to time and we could eat some bugs and stare at yaffles cavedrawings.

Somebodyiusedtoknow said...

I LOVE making lists! I used to have a blog that was just lists.

Thank you for the mini blog on my last post. I could almost smell the sequoias and the dirt!

You guys make me wish I owned pajama pants ♥ just so I could be a part of your pajama pant wearing - non caring little villiage :-)

˙ said...

too much soft sleep wear will lead to too much frolicking which will lead to too much friendliness which will lead to banishing yaffle from the forest . . .

yaffle said...

it won't be the first forest I've been banished from, last time it was for hugging a tree a little too enthusiastically.

Ruthie said...

nice one. i can totally see you walking in that fleece and PJ pants...

zzzzzzane said...

hahaha. parts of Toronto have experienced my pj bottoms. fun times!....i need to find a picture now...!