so, anyhow, i stumbled upon this slow-cooker turkey breast recipe in a gooseberry patch book and tried it...and it's fabulous. honestly! i make it about once a week now, and it makes the whole house smell like thanksgiving day, and really, it's the best tasting turkey i've ever had. plus, it uses only a few ingredients - and i love simple food. so, here's how it goes:
1. throw a stick of butter in the bottom of your crock-pot
2. cut a few fat, juicy organic carrots into big chunks and throw in the pot
3. cut 3 or 4 ribs of celery and throw 'em in
4. chop up an onion (or several shallots, which i prefer) and throw 'em in
5. throw your turkey breast on top, and season it up however you want
6. pour a pack of good quality, organic broth over all and throw the lid on - cook all day
so there you go. here i am blogging recipes on the internets...wow. but, really - this recipe is wonderful...try it and let me know how it goes!
and as a ps to my dear (and in real life!) friend ruthie:
a: i totally miss pretty much everything about costco...
b: of course i read ethan's blog! at which point i'm overwhelmed with jealousy...
c. i will totally eat your stone-fired pizzas - and anything else you want to feed me for that matter;-)
d. i love you