Friday, November 14, 2008

prairie songs

just wanted to let you know...that i've began a new collection of songs.  i'm calling the collection 'prairie songs'.  you can hear song number one (and even download it if you want) on last.fm.  i'll include the link below:

www.last.fm/music/owlphanumeric/prairie+songs/number+one

i also just wanted to say thankyou to the few of you who support me in this hobby of mine.  i know my songs are sometimes a bit strange and silly, but i do them with so much love.  as you may or may have not noticed, the essence, words, ideas and "glitches" of my most beloved friends and family show up in these songs; it's my way of capturing these moments in time and keeping you with me wherever i am.  my fam., bwh., siutk, yaf, ons, zane, ru, and meg - you are all in there; thank you for inspiring me all the time!

i also want to say a super special thanks to yaffle, because his animations have really become part of the music i make.  i feel like his 'drawrings' have captured exactly what i feel - and i use his animations all the time - of which i have not payed him a cent.  but i promise that if i ever make even a penny off this music i make, i will pay you back.  thankyou thankyou thankyou, yaf.

i just love you all so much.

8 comments:

yaffle said...

oh... don't make me shed man-tears! your music has made my fingers dance, I am so lucky to have been given free reign to scribble all sorts of nonsense underneath your tunes. you owe me no pay back because the music gives life to the drawrings, in fact I should be paying you royalties! now let us all hold hands together and sing Kumbaya.

going to listen to prarie songs now while I sob gently at how wonderful the world his.

callie said...

all musical proceeds can go to the building of our kumbaya commune

our national space said...

You keep impressing me with each tune. I know I've said it before, but I feel very lucky to be here at this time - by chance - watching the free flow of an artist's creations - and everything you do is sounding so timeless and beautiful. You are transcending us all :-)

zzzzzzane said...

you are wonderful.
and so is your music. it flows from you and is inspiring. i'm ridiculously honored to be in that list.

Ruthie said...

ooooh... now I want to go hunting!

bwhahrhr said...

I love how your icon (the yaffelish-one) on last.fm looks and that its next to all your songs! This makes that site so much more endurable :)

Somebodyiusedtoknow said...

Callie, I'm feeling a bit on the emotional side today so excuse me if this reply gets a little mushy. Ever since I met you I instantly said to myself "now this is my kind of girl." I don't know if you realize how much you radiate love and acceptance. And how that love brings us all together with you in the middle! Your music and the way in which you tell stories through them make everything seem more special. You and your music have been a big part of my life for the last year and I really just want to thank you for being so freaking beautiful. And thank you for dreaming with me.

Prairie songs is incredible! All my love xxoo...

Mariam

callie said...

gosh i larve you mariam!