Monday, September 1, 2008

school daze


So, today was the big day.  I started language school.  Actually, it was a great experience.  the teacher is nice and the class is very diverse.  I'm the only American, and the other students come from Ethiopia, Afghanistan, Turkey, Romania, Vietnam and Brazil.  I feel as though I did fairly well, I mean, at least I can introduce myself properly - though I think I could do that just fine before; maybe this course will give me the courage to actually use what I know.  Maybe I'll make a friend here, which I feel that I need desperately.  I tend to get lonely...and it would be good for me to be more social and stop sitting around here writing angsty ukulele songs.

So, here I am, living in Belgium, learning a new language...and getting LOTS of exercise!  Biking walking, biking, walking, biking, walking...and now a glass of wine to relax my tense jaw!  Maybe i'm a bit more stressed out than I think I am.  I guess my first hint was the non-stop heart palpitations this morning!

Next week by this time, all of this will be old news, though...and I'll be settled into this new rhythm.

3 comments:

MaddoxHardcore said...

Tres Bien!
Bonne chance

x

yaffle said...

Learning to speak the language will be very rewarding for you, you will finally be able to understand exactly what the grumpy locals are muttering about in the grocery store.

bwhahrhr said...

Dont listen to yaffle. We need more angsty ukulele songs!!!

On the more serious note - I am glad that it went, as it seems, so well for you and I hope this trend continues this way!