Thursday, August 28, 2008

Waffles!


I would just like to take a moment to sing the praises of my favorite new snack...the aldi chocolate covered waffle.  Now, the above pictured waffle isn't my favorite brand, I actually prefer the vitawafel brand, but I ate all of them...

Let me give you a little background.  In America, you buy "Belgian Waffles" at funky breakfast diners.  They are HUGE waffles with jam and ice cream on top.  I've never been a big fan of this style of waffle because I would just prefer to have pancakes over waffles for breakfast.  So, I can honestly say, I've never been a big waffle person.  This fact doesn't go the same for the rest of my family who really...REALLY...likes waffles. When Roel and I tied the knot, my entire family came to Belgium for the affair.  It wasn't often that I saw them WITHOUT waffles.  Here in Belgium, the waffle of choice is the "Brussels Waffle", warm and covered in random goodies, I had never actually even tasted one until last year.  I was un-impressed.

All that changed a few weeks ago.  At my weekly aldi-trip I happened to see the vitawafels and decided to try them out.  I mean, they had "vita" in the name, so they must be healthy, right?  And they were covered in chocolate...score two for the waffles.  

Lets just say the whole pack was finished by the end of the week.  Lets just say that I ate all but two of them.  Lets just say they were good...real good.  Lets just say I only photographed the above waffle as an excuse to eat it.


2 comments:

yaffle said...

I've never been a fan of waffles really, however I may have to visit my local aldi now just to make sure. Potato waffles are popular in the UK with people who like eating garbage.

bwhahrhr said...

Vitawaffels sure are healthy. Why would advertisment or brandnames lie to you. Seems all legit and stuff.

(:

P.S.:
Cookiemonster is indiffrent at the moment, he mubled something like "betrayal" and "but more cookies for us". Dont know what that was about.

p.p.s.:
Captcha-code is iiixd. :)